Sunshine makes me happy

Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekendified

Talk about a busy weekend...wow. It was fun, but darn, I didn't get much done! heh.

Friday Quad 4 shipped out to Sky Ranch, which is more like some kind of camp crossed with Disney World and shrunk only vaguely. We made ourselves a fire, hung out, turned out the lights, and joked around after that for about two hours before everyone actually fell asleep. We knew there would be some kind of service project for Blitz in the morning, but we weren't sure what.

Then we met up with this maintenance dude. He pointed out some structures in the middle distance and said "Go over there and tear those down." Or something like that--either which way, we went and flattened, then broke up and trailered away, a large steel tent structure. That was pretty fun. Then they pointed us to the stable-turned-paintball field next door and told us to get the roof off of it. We bashed at that for an hour, then figured out that the roofs were seperate from the metal building frame, and actually just wired and/or ziptied on, so we clipped all the wires and ripped them off as completely as possible using some truckish-golfcartish maintenance vehicles. That was sweeeeet. Loud and destructive! Wee. Someone got videos, so hopefully we can all get our hands on those later.

I only got a few cuts and a bunch of blisters from working without gloves...made shampooing extremely painful, but hey, whatever, right? Anyways, after the morning's work we got hooked up with some very nice burgers, then hit the waterslides and the pool, which had a great diving board. I spent maybe two hours jumping off the diving board...it was a lot of fun. Working on my can openers and front flips. Ikky splashed the poor lifeguard with his cannonballs that went halfway to the moon. Where'd he get those ups?

Sunday (9-11...4 years, where'd they go?) after church was paintball tryouts. That was pretty okay...I don't know if I have the money to really be doing it too much this year. Getting $$ from my book is going to take a while, I know that. Anyways, it was fun, I shot some peoples, got shot...gotta get my skills back a little maybe. Sunday night I was so out of it from being sick (Have I mentioned I'm sick? Blah!) and tired that I didn't get anything done, but I didn't really mind. I got some sleep instead. Hah.

Another week...lots of homework...the difference between junior and senior year is even bigger than sophomore versus junior! Nobody told me that...guess I shoulda asked. Or just been more observant. It's getting hard to make legitimately work-free time for hanging out. Time to press on and work harder! Hope everyone else is still afloat!

5 Comments:

  • Oracle to...yawn...buy Siebel for $3.6 Billion
    It makes sense that Oracle would buy Siebel. Their products play together nicely, and that simple ... Weblog authors are solely responsible for the content and accuracy of their weblogs, including opinions they express, and O'Reilly Media, Inc.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a poker series tour world site. It pretty much covers poker series tour world related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

  • fine then! ON goes the word verification. Take that, bot!

    By Blogger James Pray, at 8:43 PM  

  • you know you can delete comments?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 AM  

  • yeah, but then my triumph over the bot would go unnoticed. :P

    By Blogger James Pray, at 2:47 PM  

  • Triumph! :-D

    By Blogger becky, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home