Sunshine makes me happy

Sunday, August 14, 2005

yes, hm....

I think it's official, I finally started missing school. Or at least, being with everyone from school. Up til now I just missed a few people, but it's moved up to missing being there with everyone and the whole schebang of activity. Now that I've learned that still more people are not coming back than was originally suggested, it's looking like a very...different semester. Two weeks on the nose until I get back to school, and Jordan's promised a Taco Bell run as soon as I get there...followed, of course, by the joyful reunion with roomie & friends. Hopefully.

All I want to do before I get there is finish my draft of my book, because once that's done I can be satisfied that I can finish the rest at school. I can illustrate at school...I just can't write stories there (beyond basic editing, which I will be doing)...it's sitting at about 45k words right now...I'm losing steam right now, so I'm moving to wrap it up this week maybe, hoping I can wring about 60k out of the storyline. I think illustrating it will be fun. I'm hoping I can find people around LU that vaguely resemble my characters so I can work from photographic reference.

So back to missing everyone. It's interesting how bad this has hit me in the past few days...sometimes you just wanna get together and chill with some people, no? Thanks to the wonder of our modern transportation system and the bizarre nexus of randomly distributed people that come together in College, some people I really wish I was with right now are spread from Canada out to the East coast, and back all the way to Cali. Fooey!

Oh well, gotta deal with life as it comes, no? To everyone that's going down to school early this week: I'm praying you guys have safe travel. I'll be there on the 8:30 pm flight on Sunday, the 28th, and you can certainly feel free to hit the airport and see me /pick me up--sound good? Hehe. Rock on.

Anyways, today we trailered our speedboat and dumped it in Lake Michigan, and then we motored all over the place for a while. The waves were big and made for a really fun/bumpy ride, and I didn't get seasick, which was an answer to prayer. Last time I was out there in a boat I was just a kid, and man, I was pathetically ill.

Aiight, that's it for the night, yo.
Required Reading...Romans 12:14-end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home