Sunshine makes me happy

Friday, May 13, 2005

Home, home again

Yes, I'm home again, all safe and sound!

I'm sitting right now in my Dad's office, filling in for the receptionist and answering the phone. The tough thing about this is that people hear me--a guy--answering the phone, assume I'm my dear ol' dad, and launch straight into their shpiels. Oh well.

Other than that--I'm good, I'm home, grades are in and I keep my scholarships! Praise God. The birds certainly sing here at home much more. I thought at first that mom was playing a nature CD. I'm happy to be back with the kitties and dogs too. So much love coming out of those little chunks of fuzz! I got a lot of feedback about my book from an editor who read the manuscript so I'll be shlocking that up for the go as soon as my computer gets here.

Packing up this year was more or less painless. Less so were the good-byes...I was aching to get out of there and be done with school but at the same time, I felt like I was leaving during the best part of the movie with regards to my friends. I don't like good-byes, especially not long ones--give me good but short ones. Next year will be a very different one in many, many ways, and then I'll be the one doing the leaving. If only this country weren't so wretchedly large.

Well, I'll sing the praises of IM and Gmail, but it's not the same. I miss you.

1 Comments:

  • Miss ya, Jameson. Goodbyes are always temporary... remember that : ).

    By Blogger becky, at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home