Sunshine makes me happy

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Whoa, it's like...the Capitol and stuff

Yes, I'm in Washington, D.C. What am I doing here? Working and stuff, clearly!

The WJI course has been really interesting so far, and it's been a huge time investment. They've been sending us out into the city in search of news stories this week, so I've been around, but I haven't had much time for seeing the sights yet. I spent some time at the National Mall on Monday, during which time I spent a mere 6 minutes in a cool sculpture museum, and only 10 minutes at the Air & Space museum.

Last weekend I did manage to go visit the Shives, who live north of Baltimore a bit. I took the Metro (DC's city train-subway thing) up and met Justin in Green Belt, and we drove up. The area they live in is amazing, I must say. It's beautiful. If you said I couldn't live someplace in Michigan (or living in Detroit was the only choice) then I think I'd gravitate that way. It's the first place beyond home I really thought was okay. Plus, the Shives are a great family, but you knew that.

Hmm. I don't think I want to work for a newspaper, unfortunately, now that they've told me all about how that goes, but on the other hand the material is fascinating, the work challenging, and the people in the course are great. I do have a roommate after all, but he's cool. So it's all good!

2 Comments:

  • but is he as cool as me? lol
    just kidding

    I'm glad you're having a lot of fun out there.

    By Blogger ben, at 2:17 AM  

  • will there ever be a roomie as cool as you? Statistically impossible!

    By Blogger James Pray, at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home