Sunshine makes me happy

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Disparity

Yeah, so I left the cottage when there was no-one here, and now it's the peak of the season: the 4th of July Weekend. Yesterday was the CSA bachelors versus married men softball game, and in authentic CSA fashion, there were 30 married men and 20 bachelors slugging it out. My cousins Cody and Carson and I played...Carson was especially surprising, as he held his own with the college dudes even though he is in 7th grade...what a slugger!

We went to the Frankfort fireworks last night too. They had some sort of technical problems and started about an hour late...then, after a great show, it just sort of petered out instead of having a grand finale like usual. So that was odd. I've never seen aught like it.

The journalism thing was totally awesome. Very hard work...but the people running it, and the students taking it, were all great people. I enjoyed myself a lot and learned a lot. I learned about politics, journalism, and about people. I'm not sure journalism is a path I want to pursue, however; I loved the writing, but the reporting I just don't like very much.

Speaking of writing: I have a crazy new scheme. I have concocted an awesome new book idea, and I'm going to hunker down and write like crazy to see if I can get the whole thing done in roughly a week to ten days. Yeah. We'll see how it goes!

1 Comments:

  • Hooray for Jamesons writing! Have fun with that :).

    By Blogger becky, at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home