Sunshine makes me happy

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Stupid, stupid things.

Well, a lot of good things happened today , but the best thing of all happens to be that I still have two eyes.

Mom, don't read this or anything.

So it's 1:30 am and there's something going on in the hallway and Turns out, a bunch of guys are using a dremel to spin CD's up to a few thousand RPM's and then releasing them so they roll along the floor down the hall at incredible speeds. Most of the time, they seemed to be going over various objects and jumping way up in the air.

To be fair, it was pretty cool.

But I'm kneeling next to hazel to watch from his end, and he didn't aim well, and the CD hit the door frame and exploded, really exploded, and the next thing I know I feel some sort of opening in my face, and cold blood on it (blood is about as hot as your skin so you can't feel it right off but then it cools a little...) and I wasn't sure about how bad it was, hoping it wasn't gonna be stitches, and I was demanding to know how bad my face was bleeding, kinda freaking out here, and then I notice that I can only see properly out of one eye, and I take off my glasses and there's only one lense. Something hit my glasses lense hard enough to take the lense out without taking the frame off my face. I could have lost my eye just that fast, look up and bang it would be over, sorry James, ya didn't take good enough care of your eyes and now one's gone, sorry, get your unfortunate butt over to the ER and die already.

But I had my glasses on and once again my eyes are okay. The bleeding was just from a little hole by my nose, a little deep I guess but it bled out so I think it'll be okay. My lense popped back in. However, I am shaken, and feeling more than a little queasy now. Dear, dear Lord. I love having two eyes. I was already praising God for how well things have gone today, and now I praise Him more for this. I'm pretty livid about the whole thing though. I mean, nobody told me that the thing would explode like that...I was about thirty feet away.

But anyway. Also today, I won a Paintball logo contest where the prize was about $150 in paintballs, and made a cloud in a bottle, which was nifty nifty. Anyways. I'm gonna sleep this off, because I gots things to do tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home