Sunshine makes me happy

Sunday, November 28, 2004

A moderate portion of Chill, if you please?

Alright, first off, waste some time here: http://thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi and find out how you might fit into an advertising campaign if you were, yourself, a product.

Now: Thanksgiving.

I was really, really looking forward to this weekend and it did not disappoint in any aspect except, perhaps, in the sleep department, but that was unavoidable for the most part. Getting up early meant nice, long days, which I really liked.

The Casselberrys put us up in a really swank pool house...we slept in the open loft in the second story and stayed up late goofing around with a minitramp that was relocated to the foyer beneath the railing, and Bumpy, and I flew paper airplanes outside with Hazel late at night. We made some right good gliders.

The pool is pretty awesome too; it's a saline system rather than chlorine or bromine which is very easy on the eyes. I took a dip (a brief one) in the pool when it was at sixty-three degrees, but once we got it heated to 82, everyone was in. Very nice. The hot tub was excellent too, especially with fourteen people in it...

Thanksgiving dinner itself? Very nummy. We had all the usual plus some other things like cranberry mousse-stuff and whatnot. Friday, we did a shopping trip to the mall...I got chased around bath and body works by Abbi and Adrienne who misted me with various smelly things, and I drew a picture of it later upon commission. Milton bought some very cool shades there, and I picked up a $1 DVD of Popeye cartoons...we actually heard Popeye say, "I've never made love in technicolor before," in the cartoon. Times sure have changed!

One of the highlights of the weekend was a walk at sunsdown with a gang of younger children and also some friends and adults down a long country lane. Partly greatly relaxing, partly exhausting (thanks to some pony rides) partly just plain cool...hurray for group walks.

I also tossed a lot of grapes during dominoes and totally got Abigail irritated at me. Still sorry!

I even got homework done before coming back to campus. It sounds like everyone had an awesome weekend which I am very glad about...Plus, I got a call from Shroud, who wants me to join the school newspaper staff doing graphic design. Now, really all that means is coming up with a few graphics and logos and so forth...there's graphic design but there's graphic design, if you see what I mean--I can make some pretty nice looking stuff but ask me by what principles I generate said nice stuff, or how I might improve on something, well, I'm admittedly a trial-and-error-slash-intuitive operator here. Still, it'll hopefully be kinda cool. Something to do and get myself some experience at something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home