Sunshine makes me happy

Thursday, December 09, 2004

if quizzes are quizzical...

sorry, I won't complete that thought :D

Looking over my quiz results, it seems that a lot of people know me reasonably well. Although...One dude from school here that I've hung out with at least a bit managed only to guess what I was growing in my window, while a dude I've only ever talked to on the internet (and not about me that I can recall....) only biffed one question...

And by popular consensus I apparently like nothing better than to cook Ramen...hehe. And most people guessed that either I don't like salsa, of if I do, I like chi-chi's. Actually, I hate chi-chi's salsa...it's not good stuff.

Well, I've as of now got two assignments left in the semester, although right now it's looking like only one of them will get done because the fluids is due in half an hour and I have NO idea how to do it. Dig this problem...

The performance characteristics of a certain centrifugal pump are determined from an experimental setup similar to that shown in Fig. 12.10. When the flowrate of a liquid (SG = 0.9) through the pump is 120 gpm, the pressure gage at (1) indicates a vacuum of 95 mm of mercury and the pressure gage at (2) indicates a pressure of 80 kPa. The diameter of the pipe at inlet is 110 mm and the exit 55 mm. if z1-z2=0.5 m, what is the actual head rise across the pump? Explain how you would estimate the pump motor power requirement.

You might not get any of that (maybe you do) but I don't either...We've never covered this in class and the reading is boring and unhelpful (and also only found on the CD that came with the book...since the class isn't actually intended to cover this...) Anyways, it's this stuff that keeps me up nights and takes the time that would typically go to doing kewl comics. blaaaah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home