Sunshine makes me happy

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Can you hear the burning grades?

They sound really similar to the sounds of Nintendo. Actually, Friday and Saturday I got in my fill of '64 gaming too. Friday was mostly hosing people in Mario Kart (I'm not undefeatable, but that night I was darn close...), and Saturday I played Wipeout 64. I'm not sure, but it may be the best racing game there is, other than the shortness of it. There is just something about the combination of awesome music, sweet-looking (and flying) ships to race, and LUDICROUS SPEED in that game that gives me the chills sometimes, it's just that good. Flying through a crazy loopy race track, barely scraping the walls and hitting every boost, maintaining psycho speed that you're just barely in control of...mmm...I guess it's worth watching because I usually wind up with an audience. And Mario Kart multiplayer obviously can't be beat...Last night, about half the floor was in the next room over playing gamecube (monkeyball 2 and Mario Kart DD)...But I got them out at about 1:30 so Ben and I could sleep.

Hm, anyway. Saturday night I helped G2 with their Christmas floor decorations. What is up with that...I had a great time, but where was the rest of the floor? Most of the time there were all of three or four people helping out that were actually from G2. We painted, cut canvas "grass," and eventaully I was asked to return later that night to help paint some doors. It's okay to ask me, really--It's Saturday night, it's not like you're imposing on me, so if you want me to...say so! Pfffft. Yeah, I was on one side of this big fabric barrier, painting, and The RA showed up, and was asking if there were boys...I kept my gob shut, and the RA left so I could finish up...heheh. Yay for minor infractions that you don't get caught at. I love G2 too...and apparently my sister lives on a floor called 2G (second floor of Gerig building) over at Taylor...so that is pretty coinidental. At least I'll be able to find her if I ever visit.

Ah yes...Our team had a paintball Tournament in New Orleans this weekend. We were going to leave Friday night and get back Saturday night...but twenty minutes (not kidding) before we left, we found out it was canceled. Texas A&M canceled (it is a long drive for them, I mean, it's 6 hours for us even and they're further away, but they're still jerks for doing it XP) and LSU's team president apparently died this semester in a wreck so they weren't coming, and UNO (who was running it) canceled the whole tourney. I'm kinda dissappointed that we didn't get to go play, because I know we would have done well. I also wanted to advance our team ranking (Since we're 17th/180-some teams...in the whole US! I feel so cool). But on the other hand, I got my weekend back. Saturday felt like vacation and I actually got sleep...Well, I got sleep by accident this morning too...they played some quiet, pleasant Christmas music for my alarm, and it was so quiet and so pleasant that I slept through it for forty minutes.

I finally bought some actual CD's recently, though only one has gotten here by now.
Moon Safari by Air
Numero Duex by The Dining Rooms
and something by Loop Guru. I guess I'm just not into pirating music no more.

Now I just gotta read 150 pages of Lucado for a paper due tomorrow. Rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home