Sunshine makes me happy

Monday, March 26, 2007

Again dreams

I had a dream this morning that's still sticking with me, still bothering me...

I was making my way through a broken city; it seemed to have recently hosted some conflict or disaster, I think, but there wasn't any fighting now, nor really any people. I was in the company of a small mechanical teddy-bear of sorts--like the one from that AI movie, I suppose?--as I went. I don't remember what we talked about. At some point the bear developed some kind of problem; it was like a cough that sounded like "Rue!" and he was talking to me about how something was wrong with him, but I wasn't really paying attention. Even though I sound like I was very careless with regards to the bear I think I was supposed to be very fond of him in the dream's context; other things were just more important.

We stopped in a filthy abandoned apartment and the bear suddenly sort of seized up and turned off after saying its batteries were running out. Now I did get worried about him, because I believe he was supposed to charge his own batteries by eating (not entirely sure what his diet was supposed to be, seemed to be small toys). I immediately tried to fix him, first by examining him all over, then resetting him with one of the switches I found under a plate on him, but after he turned back on he was wrong somehow, like his personality had been lost or corrupted.

At this point I don't remember exactly what happened but I left the bear behind and kept going; I don't know if I meant to come back. I had some kind of cell phone and I called the bear, but I got some sort of unfamiliar technician on the line who explained he was "another part" of the bear's circuitry/AI/whatever. I tried to explain what had happened to the bear and the voice eventually said, "There, I've made a few adjustments. He should be fine."

I never got a chance to go back for the bear, because I woke up and couldn't find the dream again when I fell back asleep. But I feel terrible for leaving him behind. Maybe I'm too sentimental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home