Sunshine makes me happy

Friday, August 24, 2007

Steps

Today I took my life in my own hands--at least, it felt that way--summer's over and I drove down to Kalamazoo to get started in on moving into my own personal very first apartment at Western Michigan University.

Mostly that boiled down to spending about 3 hours with a tilex-soaked sponge and a little extra with a vacuum. It really wasn't too dirty. The previous tenant, apparently a young muslim woman, left behind the following:

2 Romance novels;
1 handwritten letter to an unnamed boy, discussing the reasons he should marry her to keep his honor before Allah;
1 pair of scissors;
1 boxed pregnancy test, open (I didn't see if it was used);
1 donation tract for an Islamic Society of some sort;
and
1 Western Union reciept for a money transfer of roughly $475,000, in spanish.

So that was kinda weird. It's hard not try to put these things together in some logical way--the money receipt especially has me hoping some angry people don't show up looking for something--but I have bigger fish to fry, such as getting furnature down to school, and this game of Bioshock that just finished installing. Bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home