Sunshine makes me happy

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

the occasional thought on break.

Hm. I ran the bathroom heater all afternoon so it would be toasty in there, and tonight when I took my shower things were different--the shampoo was super runny, the shower curtain was softer, even Ben's dish soap was sloshy. My toothpaste just about oozed out of the tube. Nifty stuff.

We drove 12 hours up to Kansas State University on Friday (all of Friday) and Saturday morning we beat them on their home turf. First place out of 13 teams. When we drove in I saw that there was a big center bunker--my favorite and best place to play--and I was overjoyed. I shot an average of about two dudes per game; mostly my job was to shut down anyone trying to move up the outside, and I never did miss somebody I caught in the open, no matter how hard they ran. More than once after a game I had someone coming around asking "Who was that guy in the center X? grrr!" (The X being the shape of my bunker.) Everyone played pretty darn good; we took our first 6 games and lost the last two, at least partly because of wind and gun troubles, but we won them so well they put us solidly in first, and since the wind at that point was gusting past 40 miles per hour, we voted not to have finals and just go home. So we went back to the hotel after a victory meal at Pizza Hut (and if you're not having steak, there's not much better for a victory meal) and watched movies, then drove back on all of Sunday. Since then I have mainly eaten, slept, and played video games, which I am enjoying greatly. Taking things slow. I also called home tonight and talked to mum...they are going to Florida tomorrow, so I'm praying for safe travel on their trip. I guess part of the reason that I stayed here at school was because I figured there wouldn't be people around (or at least, not much in the way of people)...so it would be quiet. But it turns out, the time I really wanted quiet (pre-3 pm or so) everyone's asleep anyways, so I'm getting enough peace and quiet to suit me. Let's hope I can be a little productive sometime this break...

'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home