Sunshine makes me happy

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

stuff....

Some stuff happened today. Funny how that goes!

Well, anyway. I made my first sale on eBay today, and it went well. I actually got my homework done on time and I'm going to bed before 1 am. We also played Dorm 4 in volleyball today, and they were somewhat less than gracious opponents...and they edged us out in the last game for the win. I did have fun though, and fun serving...my strategy is: find their weakest player, the dude most likely to not return it--and give it to him over and over. Switch it up, maybe, occasionally, but I managed to pull it off well enough that they were taunting me and suggesting that perhaps I was deficient in my manhood. That's, well, the kind of game it wound up being. At least a lot of people showed up to watch us, which was cool.

I also got a great care package from mum today...full of candy and suchlike. And some fresh Michigan apples. I really miss fall in Michigan...raking leaves (and subsequent jumping therein)...baked pumpkin seeds to munch...the sunny, clear, and cold weather as the leaves coast down off of the trees in virmillian showers, the dogs running around outside, country fairs with the folk-art type peoples, crunchy leaves underfoot as we played in the yard. And Apples...crisp as the air outside, sweet and yummy, with lots of cider to go along with the donuts.

I think that time is pretty much past now, back home...or well, maybe it'll last as long as Hallowe'en. Sometimes it snows by the 31st. I hope I have time to enjoy it, at least a little bit...I called home because I need to come up with some scripture to read at my Grandfather's funeral, and when I talked to Grandma Bee she kept crying. I'm sort of a sympathetic cryer in times like this...I don't usually cry right away, but when I can hear it in the voice over the telephone line...there I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home